- 89 Plays
- New Day RisingHüsker Dü
Hüsker Dü - New Day Rising
Welcome to Makeup For The Silence 2.0!
When I started this blog in 2009, it was intended as my one outlet for writing about music, something I was lacking after shuttering the AlbumADay twitter feed earlier that year. And so it has been; over the last three years, Makeup For The Silence has grown into a place where longform music blogging and personal storytelling intersect. But in that time, a lot of other things have grown up along with it:
- As Tumblr’s demographics shifted and the community in which I had carved a little home began to fade away, my personal tumblog slowly began to focus more and more on music.
- So did my Twitter and Facebook feeds.
- In what began part lark, part challenge and part favor to a friend, I began writing reviews and doing interviews for PropertyOfZack, and then elsewhere as well, and rediscovered my passion for music criticism.
- I unearthed some of my oldest and most personal music writing, and made space for both online.
The new Makeup For The Silence collects all of these in one place. The original blog is, and will remain, the site’s centerpiece, but you’ll now find here easy access to everything else I write as well. If it’s a place at which I talk about music, you can get there from here. Consider it “the digital home of music writer Jesse Richman”.
Just as with Version 1.0, I suspect this version of the site will grow and change over time, and frankly that’s half the fun of having your own site. Just as before, I’m looking forward to watching it grow, and grow up.
So, if you’re reading this on the Tumblr dashboard or Facebook or via an RSS reader or something, head on over to the new Makeup For The Silence and poke around a bit; you might find something you hadn’t seen before!
After a lot of work, I’ve completely redesigned my music blog to be more of a homepage for all my music related writing, which to greater and greater degrees includes this blog as well. If you go to Makeup For The Silence, or if you go to jrichmanesq.tumblr.com, you’ll see that they’re now fully integrated. Nothing’s going to change over here in terms of content, but the site itself has been totally redone to tie everything from both sites together. Go check it all out and let me know what you think!
19 Notes/ Hide
- warehousesongstories reblogged this from makeupforthesilence
- junkycosmonaut likes this
- saltcaramels likes this
- basepost reblogged this from radio-free
- theotherwindow likes this
- radio-free reblogged this from melvinthacat
- melvinthacat reblogged this from makeupforthesilence and added:
- puiaki likes this
- artdowntoascience reblogged this from makeupforthesilence and added:
- artdowntoascience likes this
- wheelsoffury reblogged this from makeupforthesilence
- turnonthelitebrites likes this
- shoegazecowboy reblogged this from makeupforthesilence
- ikeapunx likes this
- sylvieshead reblogged this from makeupforthesilence and added:
- kitchenmike reblogged this from makeupforthesilence and added:
- jrichmanesq reblogged this from makeupforthesilence and added:
- makeupforthesilence posted this